There are some very basic information about different lashes you need to know.
- What kind of curl do you want?
- Which thickness do you prefer?
- How long do you want your lash to be?
First, there are three major types of curls. There is some confusion about naming of these different curl types, but we at Eyelash Lab use curl names that are given by the manufacturers themselves.
- J curl: the most common curl type
- C curl: gaining popularity, for customers who want more pronounced look
- O curl: sometimes called "D" curls by other companies
- For those who are familiar with other curl names, please look at the chart below.
I curls and L curls are very rarely used, if ever and JC curls and CO curls are relatively new developments. You can see the thickness difference on the above chart.
- 0.07mm thick: most closely resembles natural thickness of human lash (not frequently used)
- 0.10mm thick: resembles thickness of human hair
- 0.15mm thick: most popular and frequently used
- 0.20mm thick: best selling thickness in the past year or so
- 0.25mm thick: can weigh down on certain clients, ideal for ethnic clients with thick hair
- 0.30mm thick: noticeably heavy on the eyelids
J, C, O curls and 0.15mm, 0.20mm, 0.25mm thick lashes are available at Eyelash Lab. (Other curl and thickness lashes may be custom-ordered. Contact us for more information.)
› Bulk Lashes: high quality synthetic fiber lashes in round flat containers
› Silk Lashes: same high quality synthetic fiber lashes arranged in neat rows for easier use
› Multi-Length Lashes: different length lashes in the same container for convenience
› Y-Lashes: two strands at the tip with single root